It is Lindsay Grace’s policy to respect your privacy regarding any information
we may collect from you or which you may provide to us, in the circumstances set out below.
use, communicate, disclose, safeguard and otherwise make use of your personally identifiable
information (“Personal Data”).
We will only collect and use your Personal Data where:
• we have lawful grounds to do so, including to comply with our legal obligations;
• we are performing a contract with you for our services; and
• we have legitimate interests in using your Personal Data and your interests and fundamental
rights do not override those interests.
For the purposes of the GDPR, we, Lindsay Grace, are the “data controller”. If you have any questions about this policy or about how we use your Personal Data, please contact us via our contact details at
the end of this policy.
This policy is effective as of January 23, 2022. We review our privacy practices on an ongoing basis, and
ensure you are familiar with its current content.
Personal Data we collect via our website www.lindsaygracebooks.com (the “Website”)
- We only collect Personal Data where you choose to interact with us on the Website. When you sign up to receive update emails, free content, news and or offers, we collect your email address and may collect your first and last names (if provided) as well.
- The website stores any information you provide when leaving comments on pages or blog posts.
- We may receive data from third parties such as analytics providers like Google, and advertising networks such as Facebook, and search information providers such as Google.
- We may use your Personal Data and other collected data to deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you (including Facebook adverts or other display advertisements) and to measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising we serve you.
1. Automatically Collected Data
We automatically gather analytics data including:
- the Internet domain from which you access the Website;
- The IP address from which you access the Website;
- The type of browser used to access the Website;
- The operating system used to access the Website;
- The date and time you access the Website;
- The URLs of the pages you visit;
- Your username (if any) you used to log into the Website; and
- If you visited the Website from a third-party site, the URL of that third-party site.
This information is only used to help make the Website more useful to readers and the general public.
With this data, we learn about the number of visitors to the Website, the information, and materials that visitors are most interested in, and the types of technology visitors use.
2. Use of your Personal Data
We will only use your Personal Data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we use your Personal Data to:
• process and manage your use of our website;
• respond to your questions, comments and requests;
• where you have opted-in to receive marketing from us, deliver communications that are relevant to your preferences / may be of interest to you;
• improve our services and Website through analysis of information.
3. Sharing of your Personal Data
We take your privacy seriously and will not share your Personal Data with others, except as
permitted by applicable law or as set out below:
We share Personal Data as necessary with third parties who provide services or functions on our
behalf and who require the information to provide those specific services to us. These third
parties may include social media advertising platforms such as Facebook and Google Adwords
for the purpose of custom audience generation and the development of targeting criteria for
other audiences. Please note that we have appropriate data privacy safeguards in place with
third parties with whom we share Personal Data as described above and who are providing
services or functions on our behalf.
4. Keeping your Personal Data secure
We have implemented security policies and technical measures to safeguard the Personal Data
we collect. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with
applicable law, including the GDPR, to safeguard Personal Data from accidental loss,
destruction or damage and unauthorized access, use and disclosure.
5. Retention periods for use of your Personal Data
Your Personal Data is kept for the time necessary to provide the service requested by you, or stated by the purposes outlined in this document, and you can always request that the Data Controller suspend or remove the data.
This Website and our products are aimed at those over 15, and we do not knowingly collect any Personal Data relating to children aged under 15 years old. If you are under the age of 15, please do not provide us with any of your Personal Data, including your email address. If you are aware that a child under the age of 15 has provided personal information without such consent, please contact us using the contact information below so that we can delete such information.
7. Access to and control over your Personal Data
You have legal rights under applicable law in relation to your Personal Data. You can ask the following questions, or take the following actions, at any time by contacting us through the information provided in the Contact Details section below.
- see what Personal Data we hold about you (if any), including why we are holding it and who it could be disclosed to;
- ask us to change/correct your Personal Data;
- ask us to delete your Personal Data;
- object to the processing of your Personal Data;
- ask us to restrict the processing of your Personal Data;
- withdraw any consents you have given us to the processing of your Personal Data; and
- express any concerns you have about third parties’ use of your Personal Data.
9. Contact Us
Our full details are: Lindsay Grace, Author
Email address: email@example.com
If you want to check or change what types of cookies you accept, this can usually be altered within your browser settings. You can block cookies at any time by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies or taking a look at the About Cookies website which offers guidance for all modern browsers. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our (or many other) sites.
Cookies are either:
- Session cookies: these are only stored on your computer during your web session and are automatically deleted when you close your browser – they usually store an anonymous session ID allowing you to browse a website without having to log in to each page but they do not collect any personal data from your computer; or
- Persistent cookies: a persistent cookie is stored as a file on your computer and it remains there when you close your web browser. The cookie can be read by the website that created it when you visit that website again.
Cookies can also be categorized as follows:
- Strictly necessary cookies: These cookies are essential to enable you to use the website effectively, such as when buying a product and/or service, and therefore cannot be turned off. Without these cookies, the services available to you on our website cannot be provided. These cookies do not gather information about you that could be used for marketing or remembering where you have been on the internet.
- Performance cookies: These cookies enable us to monitor and improve the performance of our website. For example, they allow us to count visits, identify traffic sources and see which parts of the site are most popular.
- Functionality cookies: These cookies allow our website to remember choices you make and provide enhanced features. For instance, we may be able to provide you with news or updates relevant to the services you use. They may also be used to provide services you have requested such as viewing a video or commenting on a blog. The information these cookies collect is usually anonymized.
- We use social media buttons and/or plugins on this site that allow you to connect with your social network in various ways. For these to work the following social media sites including; Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google Plus, Pinterest, will set cookies through our site which may be used to enhance your profile on their site or contribute to the data they hold for various purposes outlined in their respective privacy policies.